House on the banks of American RIver overlooking the state park
"...one of the remarkable homes of northern California."
—Channel 3 Television
"…the house explores the relationship between dwelling and context, interior and exterior spaces…it handles light and shade with extraordinary skill."
"The sequence of forms recalls Le Corbusier’s Salvation Army hostel in Paris."
—Archi Volta Magazine
"The conceptual idea is a full union with nature…a smooth transition from interior to exterior"
—Architecture and Interiors Magazine
"Integrated with nature…this is a ‘super-ecological’ project, a technological example of sustainable design."
The house responds to the natural context of a gently rolling and wooded slope and frames the spectacular views of the river and State park opposite. It opens up to the setting with a continuous wall of glass, protected beneath extended cantilevered overhangs. The design creates a dynamic and sculptural form floating above the bluff.
- Trends Magazine – Top 50 American Houses, USA
- Institute of Architects, Ecuador
- American Institute of Architects, USA
- Royal Institute of British Architects, RIBA San Francisco, USA
- IV Pan-American Architecture Biennial, Ecuador
- Channel 3 Television, USA
- AIA magazine, USA
- Architecture and Interiors, USA
- The Robb Report, USA
- Trends, USA
- Sactown, USA
- The Business Journal, USA
- LSD Magazine, USA
- AEC Café, USA
- HOUZZ feature, USA
- Trends, Asia
- The Home Magazine, Bulgaria
- Architectural Highlights 2, China
- House + Housing, China
- 1000 x Architecture of the Americas, Germany
- Ban Archiworld, Korea
- Archi Volta, Poland
- Taburet, Russia
- Dezona, Russia
- Artindex, Russia
- Contemporary House Design, Spain
- Disenart, Spain – Cover Story
- Architecture and Interiors, Ukraine